Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My talk in church on 10/10/10

So on Sunday I gave a talk in church. For our Sunday meetings we all meet together for what we call our Sacrament meeting. This is where we take the sacrament and we hear messages about gospel topics that the Bishop (he is the person in charge of seeing that needs needs of the members in the congregation our met, in essence he is in charge of the welfare of all persons in the congregation) assigns. Also, in our church we do not have paid clergy and the subjects that are talked about are given by the members of the congregation. Then we have Sunday school. This is were a member of the congregation is called to be the teacher and he/she teaches the class every week. Last we have Relief Society and Priesthood. This is were the men and women each go to different classes and are taught by a different member of the congregation. Children and parents are all together during the first meeting, and then they go to Primary where they have classes and group time during the last two meetings.

Well, this Sunday I was asked to speak during sacrament meeting. I am always grateful when I have the opportunity to speak in church because it gives me the chance to learn something and grow closer to Heavenly Father. It also seems like whenever I am asked to speak in church it is something that I have been struggling with or just something I think Heavenly Father wanted me to know. So I always love the chance I get to speak. And this week was no exception. I definatly feel like I needed the topic that I was given. I was given the topic of "Hope in Christ." I was given President Utchdorf's talk as a guide to use if I wanted to. And I really felt like I needed to use his talk as the base for my talk on Sunday. It was such a powerful talk that he gave and I really enjoyed it. I did add a few things of my own into my talk but I used his mainly. You can read his talk here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. And since I used his talk for the majority of my talk I didn't write up something for myself otherwise I would post that for you to read.

I just want to share that I know our Heavenly Father loves us so much and that if we have faith, hope and charity we can make it through the dark and hard times in our lives. I know that He would never give us anymore than we can handle. I am so grateful for my Savior and the sacrafice that he gave for me and that if I live my life correctly I can someday return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. I am so grateful that I am sealed to my family and that I can also live with them again when this life is done.

Sorry that the last few post have been so "serious" I just feel that I have been SO blessed lately and that it would be ungrateful of me to not share my thanks and my feelings with others. So make what you will of what I have said but know that it comes from my heart and is something that I hold VERY dear to my heart.

No comments: